The rules apply to staff and members alike and have been put together so
that everyone can have an enjoyable experience playing canasta.
1) Any player’s name that could be offensive to anyone will be boxed until it is changed.
If your ID is boxed please contact an Admin to assist you in changing your ID.
2) NO PROFANITY, FIGHTING, OR ACCUSATIONS are permitted under any circumstances.
If any member of Kanasta Friend's league is participating in such behavior and fails to cease
when requested, any TD available will take screenshots of the offensive behavior and forward
them to the Admin Team. An Admin will place you in the box for 1 day while the incident is
investigated by the Admins. The Admin Team will then set a final punishment.
3) If any member of Kanasta_Friend's league harrass, threaten, use profanity toward or boot a TD, HTD
or ADMIN, you are subjecting yourself to removal from this league. Any Admin available at the time
will place you in the box for 3 days while the incident is reviewed by the Admin Team.
The Admin Team will then set final punishment.
4) Members of Kanasta Friend's League are only permitted 1 ID (Identification) per member. Multiple
member households are still only permitted 1 ID per member (3 members = 3 ID's but 1 per member).
If you are found to have more than 1 ID in Kanasta Friend's League then all but one of the multiple
ID's will be removed.
5) All tournaments will be played and closed in a timely manner on the day they are scheduled.
6) Slow play will NOT be tolerated in Kanasta_Friend's league. Most full games should last no longer than
60 minutes. Time is set at the end of posting of rounds so all tables will have the same amount of time with
the exception of tables missing a player and having a timer set. These table will get the extra minutes to
finish. This will be a max of 5 minutes for doubles tables and a max of 10 min for singles tables. If the game
is in the last hand at the end of 60 minutes it will be allowed to finish quickly.At the end of 60 minutes
if the game is not finished (at least in final hand) the TD will determines who wins either by high score or
who was holding up the game. If the TD determines that one player or team was deliberately holding up the game
they will give the game win to the other team regardless of score.
7) BRB's (Be Right Back) should be no longer than 3 minutes max. No more than 3 BRB's per player will be allowed
in any game.After 3 minutes a timer will be set and stopped upon the players return to play and that time
will be subtracted from the 10 minutes they are allowed away from the table.
8) When pairs are up in lobby the first name in pairs gets to make the table. Once the table is made they must type in lobby chat what table they are at. If They do not do this after 3 minutes the second name in pairs gets to make the table. The first name in pairs will go on timer. If the member wants to IM what table to their opponent that is a courtesy, but not mandatory. But you must put table number in lobby chat.
9) THESE ARE RULES FOR SINGLES GAME
a) If a player is not in the lobby when a game begins or goes MIA during the game the TD will set a timer and the player
has 10 minutes to arrive. If they do not arrive in 10 min they forfeit the game and their opponent advances. If the player
is missing at the beginning of the game the 10 minute timer will be set from the posted game start time in the lobby. (This
rule was voted on in our voting booth.)
b) When a player is booted from the table the TD will start the timer. When the player returns the TD will stop the timer and
announce how many minutes are gone. Each player has a maximum of 10 minutes away from the game.
10) THESE ARE RULES FOR DOUBLES GAME
a) If, at the beginning of the game, a player is MIA, the TD will give that player 5 minutes to get back to the table before getting
a sub. If a player sits in for doubles at the beginning of the game for a MIA player after the 5 minute timer is up, the player who is
subbing for the MIA player will be allowed to finish that round unless they want to relinquish their seat to the original MIA player.
If the player is missing at the beginning of the game the 5 minute timer will be set from the posted game start time in the lobby.
b) During the game if a player goes MIA a sub will be gotten right away. There will be NO waiting period if the player goes MIA
during the game. If the MIA player returns then the sub will be required to stand and allow the original doubles player to sit and
continue with their game. When the player returns the TD will stop the timer and announce how many minutes has been used.
c) If both players on a team go missing then there is a 10 min timer before game is called. If one player returns you can get a sub
after 5 min.
11. WHAT TO DO IF A TABLE IS MADE INCORRECTLY.
a. If the table is incorrect and there is no posted score, the game is cancelled and they will remake the table and start over.
b. If a table should be 421 or 221 (ntc games) but the table was made 422 or 222 and there is a score posted on the table, the game will continue on with needing two canastas until there is a winner.
c. If a table should be 422 or 222 (nt games) but the table was made 421 or 221 and there is a score posted on the table, once it is posted in the table chat area that the table is made wrong, the game should continue, but neither team shall go out until there are two canastas made. If a team goes out without the required two canastas it will be considered a DQ.
12) A disqualification (DQ) is a disqualification (DQ) period.
13) No table talking will be allowed. Please be careful what you say at the table as it is easy to do this without thinking.
For example: In lucky 6s if your partner asks "Out P?" you should not say "only if you can canasta 6s" only a "YES" or "NO"
should be answered to "Out P".If the TD feels you have been table talking your team will be DQ'ed.
14) CHEATING will NOT be tolerated. If you are found to be cheating, you will be dq'ed from the game you are in and placed in the
penalty box for 3 days while the incident is reviewed by the Admin Team. The Admin Team will then set final punishment.
15) If more than one member lives in the same household and want to play in the same doubles tournament (except tag team doubles)
only one may sign up on auto team locator. All other members in the same house must find a partner and sign in as a team.
16) Clicking the resign button by members is not allowed in Kanasta_friend's league.
17) In Kanasta_friend's league you will be allowed to play in 3 GAMES AS LONG AS AT LEAST 1 OF THE 3 IS A DOUBLES . If the hosting
TD sees that you are in more than 3 GAMES at a time they CAN and WILL remove you from their tournament. If all 4 tourney games are
started before the TD notices you are in 4 you will have to forfeit the win in the last league game you entered. If the 4th game is
a doubles then a sub will be found and if after the first round you are no longer in 3 other games and your team wins the 4th game
you may continue play.
18) If a member wishes to apply to become a TD then they go to the Directors Page and look for the link at the top of the page TD APPLICATION.
Before you can apply to become a TD you will need to have been a League member for at least 30 days and have played at least 100 games.
Kanasta Friend TD Requirements
19) COMPLAINTS: Against Admin, TD, HTD or any Member - send complaints to Head Admin Smokediver310
20) Initial Meld Rule. You must play the required cards for that hand/game in the first meld that hits the table. Otherwise it considered a DQ.
21) No one, other than TD or Admin, is allowed to watch or kibitz at any table except at TD's request you may watch finals of Battle Specials.
22) Once pairings have been posted in lobby the person setting table has 3 minutes to set table. If they do not set the table within 3 minutes
then the opponent may set the table and choose seats. AFTER the 3 minute mark, the opponent does not have to wait for TD to ask them to make
the table, but they need to post the table and who they are playing in lobby. If the player still does not come to table the 10 minute
timer will be set from time of post.
23) Every new game will start on a fresh table. The person making the table should always make a new table with a new number. (It may be the same
table for the opponenet but the person making the table must be on a new fresh table) Don't click start until everyone is seated at the table.
24) When a player is missing from a game their opponent is to post in lobby XXX is missing from GAME XXX TABLE XXX so the TD is aware
and can set an appropriate timer. If its a doubles the same rules apply, but the player may find their own subs in a timely manner
(2 minutes or less).The sub should be someone in the lobby and not playing in the tourney already and only in one game. If after
2 minutes no sub is found the TD will ask in lobby for a sub. If no player is available to sub then the TD will sub if possible.
25) Anyone accusing (without physical proof such as screen shots) another player of cheating at a table or in the lobby will automatically
receive 7 days (first offense) in the penalty box. If you suspect a player(s) of cheating you should message the TD or Admin. If you have
proof take screen shots at the table.
26) In all Auto Win games when you make the RED CANASTA all play must STOP.
27) If you are placed in the penalty box, only the Admin who put you in the box may take you out of the box or discuss the issue with you.
The rest of the Admin will only send you to the correct Admin. They will not discuss the issue with you.
28) You may not have your SHG messenger on DND (Do Not Disturb) in the lobby. You will not be able to play in any tournaments when DND is on and
you will be soft booted from the lobby. Your SHG messenger MUST always show as online so members and staff can message you regarding
the tournament(s) you are in.
29) Leaving a game or DQ-ing repeatedly when losing is not allowed and if found to be doing either you will be boxed 3 days (1st offense),
7 days (2nd offense), and 30 days (3rd offense). After your 3rd offense you will be removed from league.